Maybe you’ve got a stash of leftover Halloween spoils, or maybe you gave in to your candy cravings in a moment of desperation during a long wait at the checkout counter because, hey, those confections are displayed there for good reason. You’ve gotta indulge a little from time to time!
Here’s a grown-up spin on your favorite candy bar flavor with a boozy kick. Here, we used a Snickers bar, but there’s no limit to the different candy combos you can try. We also recommend whipping up your own chocolate syrup for this creamy concoction, but feel free to go with the bottled stuff instead—we’re not judging.
Decadent Candy Bar Milkshake
This creamy and crunchy Snickers milkshake recipe is a candy lover's dream come true.
- 1 1/2 cups French vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 Snickers bar, chopped, divided
- Whipped cream and homemade chocolate syrup (below) for garnish
- 1/2 cup water (or substitute milk for extra creaminess)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- Make the chocolate syrup: Combine all syrup ingredients except vanilla in a small saucepan over low heat and whisk constantly until mixture thickens.
- Combine ice cream, milk, bourbon and all but about 2 tsp of the chopped candy bar in a blender. Pulse until creamy. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla; allow to cool slightly.
- Drizzle several tablespoons of the syrup around the sides of two highball glasses. Divide milkshake between glasses.
- Top shakes with whipped cream, remaining chopped candy bar and more chocolate syrup, if desired.