What’s cozier than a mug of hot cocoa on a chilly night? A mug of gooey chocolate-hazelnut cake with ooey-gooey marshmallows on top! Whip up this decadent treat for two in the time it takes you to whisk together a few easy ingredients and pop a mug in the microwave.
Hot Cocoa Mug Cake
A decadent chocolate-hazelnut, single-serve cake topped with gooey marshmallows.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp hazelnut liqueur
- Handful miniature marshmallows
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, sugar and salt in a small bowl.
- Add milk, vegetable oil and hazelnut liqueur. Whisk together until smooth.
- Divide mixture between two mugs and top with miniature marshmallows. Microwave mug cake for about 90 seconds*, carefully remove from the microwave and enjoy!
*Since all microwaves are different, it might be a good idea to check your mug cake at the 70 second mark. You may need to increase the cook time to get the desired consistency.
Recipe adapted from Table for Two.