Something about the chilly air begs a toasty bonfire, cider and the quintessential fireside indulgence: ooey gooey s’mores. However, the bonfire isn’t always an option, and something about toasting marshmallows over the stovetop just isn’t the same. Enter these perfectly-portioned cookies with plenty of melty chocolate chunks and melty mini ‘mallows on top. It’s the perfect marriage, if we do say so ourselves.
S'mores-Inspired Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Hunks of Hershey's chocolate and miniature marshmallows come together to make one irresistible cookie.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cups cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 Hershey’s chocolate bars, chopped
- Miniature marshmallows for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter in bowl of a standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment for about 2 minutes or until smooth. On medium speed, beat in sugar, brown sugar and salt, scraping down sides of bowl and paddle as needed, until smooth and free of lumps.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until incorporated (about 15 seconds). Do not over-beat.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. On low speed, carefully beat into the butter mixture just until incorporated. Carefully stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough in heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake, one sheet at a time, for about 11 minutes, or until cookies are just set but not yet golden. Remove baking sheet from oven and carefully press about 3 miniature marshmallows into tops of cookies. Return to oven and bake for about 2 minutes more, or until cookies are lightly browned and marshmallows are toasted.
- Remove parchment from baking sheets and place onto wire racks to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from The New York Times.